Last Updated on September 30, 2023
Super simple, quick, and easy-to-make healthy summer salad recipe with just 5 ingredients. Ready in 5 minutes.
This is the simplest salad to take – 5 minutes and your meal is ready! And it tastes so good!
If you soak up juices left in the bowl from salad with a piece of fresh bread – it might be just enough food for a quick and light lunch.
I remember preparing salad following this recipe for myself since I was a child, so you can teach your kids to do it too.
This easy summer salad is full of nutrients, because olive oil, sour cream, or Greek yogurt is added for proper nutrient absorption (as you know, many vitamins in vegetables are fat soluble).
Pin for later reference!
You can add more seasonal ingredients from your garden to this salad too. Bell or banana peppers cut in strips, young lettuce leaves, or chives will make a welcome addition to this salad.
Note. You can use your favorite dressing with this salad instead of olive oil or sour cream.
But do not be afraid to try this salad with plain sour cream though, you just might be surprised how great it tastes. And, according to scientific studies, regular (not fat-free) sour cream is good for your bones, heart, eyes, hair, skin, nervous, immune, and digestive system.
The nutritional benefits of sour cream
2 tablespoons of sour cream = 52 calories
Also, sour cream is a perfect choice for low-carb and keto diets. It contains 22.5 g fat and 5.3g carbohydrate per half cup of serving.
SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
|Prep time||5 min|
- 5- 8 small to medium size tomatoes (depending on size), cut in wedges
- ½ small onion bulb, sliced
- 2 young cucumbers, sliced
- 3 sprigs of dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream (or good quality extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt for seasoning (if using sour cream)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning (if using olive oil)
- Place sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and dill in a bowl.
- Add sour cream or olive oil.
- Season with salt if adding sour cream, or salt and pepper if using olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients.
Summer salad with olive oil
Summer salad with sour cream
Enjoy your summer salad and make it often!
And how about trying:
What is your favorite summer salad recipe? Share in the comments.
And if you found this article useful – be so kind as to share it with friends.