Best two wheel wheelbarrow – 2021 reviews
Pick the best two wheel wheelbarrow to move heavy loads with ease.
No matter how small or big your yard or garden, hauling heavy loads, at least once a while, is inevitable. And, this is where a two wheel wheelbarrow or garden cart can become very handy to reduce strain on your back and prevent sore muscle pain caused by carrying heavy stuff.
A smartly designed two-wheeled wheelbarrow/cart is a must have item for every homeowner to help with gardening, landscaping, and construction jobs.
If you are curious or in a hurry:
✅The Best Two Wheel Wheelbarrow
- makes a 200 pound wheelbarrow load feel like 17 pounds
- holds up to 300lbs as wheelbarrow
- multifunctional: converts between wheelbarrow, yard cart, bag holder, hand truck, extended dolly, cylinder carrier, rock and plant mover, trailer mover
- can be purchased with snow plow attachment
You will learn:
- benefits of two wheel wheelbarrows
- two vs single-wheeled wheelbarrow
- two types of 2 wheel wheelbarrows/garden wagons: manual and electric
- what to look for when buying a two wheel wheelbarrow
- 3 top two wheel wheelbarrows reviews:
- Worx WG050 Aerocart – best two wheel wheelbarrow overall.
- Simplay3 Easy Haul – best manual budget friendly wheelbarrow. Ideal solution for gardeners.
- Landworks electric wheelbarrow – best electric two-wheeled wheelbarrow model, most powerful, best for tough jobs.
- other two-wheeled wheelbarrow/yard carts models worthy of consideration.
The benefits of two wheel wheelbarrows
Two wheel vs single wheel wheelbarrows
There are two types of wheelbarrows: with one wheel, or two wheels.
A classic one-wheeled wheelbarrow is more maneuverable and makes dumping stuff easier in comparison with a 2 wheel model, but it’s unbalanced, tips over easily, and is quite difficult to use, especially if you are a slender woman or a person that lacks upper body strength.
In the two-wheeled wheelbarrow models
- the tub (tray) is set directly over the wheels for a perfectly balanced load
- 2 wheels provide more stability which helps in handling of heavy and unbalanced loads without tipping over
- you can pull or push a load, depending on what is more convenient for you
- motorized battery operated models, where the machine is doing heavy moving for you, are available.
Where to use 2 wheel wheelbarrows?
Two wheel wheelbarrows, also called two wheel landscape wagons, utility carts, yard garden carts, are very handy for landscaping, gardening and construction work.
They can be used for:
- hauling heavy loads of bricks, stones, rocks, pavers, potting soil, compost, mulch
- transporting trees and shrubs, plant trays for planting
- moving material from a larger pile to the designated area
- mixing concrete, mortar, fertilizer
- picking and disposing debris, fallen leaves and branches around your yard.
Related reading: Essential gardening tools
What to look for when buying a two wheel wheelbarrow
Two-wheeled wheelbarrows, utility carts, wagons can come with three types of tires:
- pneumatic (which have an internal air tube that must pump with the air like you would do with a bicycle)
- semi pneumatic (they have built-in air pockets, you do not need to pump air in them), and
- airless flat free tires, which can be made of solid rubber or plastic.
Though air in tires acts as a shock absorber and makes the ride over rocks smoother, the need to pump air when the tire gets flat does take extra time and effort.
The drawbacks of pneumatic tires in a 2 wheel wheelbarrow clearly outweigh their benefits. If you want less maintenance, get airless flat free tires.
2) Material from which wheelbarrow’s tub (tray) is constructed
Generally. you will have two choices: metal or plastic.
Metal is good because it is durable, and unlike plastic it won’t crack. Be sure to get a wheelbarrow with rust-proof metal coating, otherwise your wheelbarrow will rust, especially if you store it in an outdoor shed.
Plastic wheelbarrows are much lighter in comparison with the metal ones, but they will wear out faster and might crack. Though a lot manufacturers are making pledges that their plastic will not fade and crack, based on my experience, I am very skeptical about it.
3) Wheelbarrow capacity
That depends on how large the things you will be moving are. If your garden and yard is big, get a wheelbarrow of larger capacity to accommodate all your big jobs needs.
4) Storage solution
Before getting a wheelbarrow ask yourself where you would store it.
Check if the model you are purchasing can be stored in a vertical position, hung on the wall by using a garage wall mount bracket for wheelbarrows, or collapsed flat.
5) Multi functionality
It is always great to have a tool that combines many functions. Check if the 2 wheel wheelbarrow you are getting is one of them.
Can it be used as a dolly or a hand truck in a vertical position for hauling fuel tanks for your lawn mower or for moving heavy replacement water bottles?
There are more questions to ask yourself before buying a two wheel wheelbarrow:
- Is it comfortable to use? Do handles have covers for good grip? How tall is the wheelbarrow? Is it easy to load and unload?
- Is it easy to assemble?
- What is the warranty policy on the unit?
3 best two wheel wheelbarrows reviews
3 top two wheel wheelbarrows for 2021 are:
1. Worx WG 050 Aerocart – best two wheel wheelbarrow overall. Slick, versatile, multi-purpose, truly useful in the household.
2. Simplay3 Easy Haul – manual plastic 2 wheel wheelbarrow – best budget option. It’s design makes it especially great for taking care of your garden.
3 Landworks electric two-wheeled wheelbarrow – very powerful and rugged, best for tough jobs.
All 3 two wheel wheelbarrows perform great, choose any among them according to your individual needs.
- dimensions (wheelbarrow mode): 19” H x 22” W x 58” L
- weight: 41 pounds
- Wheelbarrow weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Wheelbarrow volume capacity: 3 cubic feet
- Turbo Lift design makes a 200 pounds wheelbarrow load feel like 17 pounds
- converts between a wheelbarrow, yard cart, bag holder, dolly, extended dolly, cylinder carrier, rock/plant mover, trailer mover
- you can get a firewood carrier to add as a separate attachment
- available with snow plow attachment
- tires: flat free
- heavy-duty steel construction
- warranty: 3 years and 30 days money back guarantee
- owner’s manual
- highly versatile, instantly converts from wheelbarrow to dolly and more
- fold-out extension arm helps to carry awkward and over-sized items: flower pots, mulch bags, straw bales, large boulders
- comes with the strap to move boulders and large plants
- sturdy: patented design adjusts center of gravity for a balanced load
- maintenance free: the tires will not go flat
- easy to convert between functions
- easy to assemble: takes 5 minutes, no tools required
- easy to maneuver
- it’s hard to use as a wheelbarrow on a downward slope, because the shape of the container makes the load slide out the front.
Verdict: Worx WG050 Aerocart is the best quality, most useful, versatile, multi-functional two wheel wheelbarrow/cart for lifting and moving.
Watch this YouTube video made by Worx to see all uses of Worx WG050 Aerocart.
- maximum volume capacity: 4 cubic feet
- maximum load capacity: 250 pounds
- bed dimensions: 16″H x 23.5″W x 29″L
- 13.5″ roto tough treaded no-flat plastic wheels
- comes with storage tray for garden tools attached
- heavy duty, double wall resin construction
- made in the U.S.A.
- holds a lot
- easy to push, or pull
- flat floor of barrow keep contents level
- extra deep barrow(bed) for heavy bulky loads
- doesn’t tip forward, which make it easy to load and unload
- won’t rust, dent, or break
- storage tray for tools, drinks, etc.
- 2 handles for easy grip
- rolls easily
- easy to assemble
- meets or exceeds the safety standards
- kids would love it!🙂
- make sure you have a place to store it, because it will take a bit of room in the shed or garage
- does not tilt well to go over curbs, not the easiest to steer
- can be harder to use for tall people, because the wheelbarrow is somewhat short
Verdict: Simplay3 is well made, durable, low maintenance two wheel wheelbarrow/cart suitable for bulky loads and perfect for taking care of your garden.
- powered by (2) 12V 7Ah AGM rechargeable non spillable sealed lead batteries
- 1/4 eHP 180W brushless motor
- load capacity: 330 lbs
- volume capacity; 4 cubic feet
- speed: forward: 0-5km/h (3.1MPH) (Variable), reverse: 0-3.5km/h (2.2MPH) (Variable)
- tires: 13″
- has ability to haul loads up to 12° upward slope
- battery recharges quickly
- battery charge lasts quite a long time: 3-5 hours
- you can load and move much heavier weight in one trip in comparison to what you would be able to do with a manual wheelbarrow
- great for moving concrete blocks, stones, pavers, and bricks
- helps to avoid muscle and back strain
- having this wheelbarrow is like having a hired helper.
- sometimes reverse doesn’t disengage immediately
- would be nice to have a braking system for going down steep hills.
Verdict: Landworks electric wheelbarrow is the most powerful two wheel wheelbarrow for tough jobs like landscaping projects, starting a garden, and construction work. A great investment!
More good two wheel wheelbarrows
These 2 manual two-wheeled wheelbarrows/utility wagons are great performers:
1. Marathon Yard Rover: simple and functional.
- lightweight, made of plastic
- 5-cubic feet volume capacity
- pneumatic tires
- very budget friendly.
- 330 pound load capacity
- very deep, holds up to 5 cubic feet
- made of steel
- 13-inch rubber wheels
- attractively priced.
Alternative two wheel electric wheelbarrows to consider:
3. SuperHandy two-wheeled electric powered wheelbarrow / utility cart (the same specification as in Landworks electric wheelbarrow).
4. PAW power assist wheelbarrow features adjustable tray brace that assists in the dumping motion.
Watch POW 2 wheel electric wheelbarrow in action in the YouTube video below.
How does a wheelbarrow make jobs easier?
A wheelbarrow is a compound machine that uses two simple machines: the lever, and the wheel & axle.
Wheelbarrows reduce the effort needed to do a job by distributing the weight of its load between the wheels and the person that operates it.
The handles are used to lift up the heavy load in the barrow.
And the wheels help to move the load by pushing and pulling.
As a result you can move heavy stuff faster and easier.
Pin for later reference!
Final thoughts on the best two-wheeled wheelbarrow/garden cart
A two wheel wheelbarrow is a much better choice than a one-wheeled wheelbarrow for hauling items around the yard and garden. It’s stable, more versatile and requires less maintenance, especially if you choose a model with flat free tires.
Pick a manual two wheel wheelbarrow for light to medium garden or yard work, and an electric battery powered two wheel wheelbarrow/cart for large landscaping projects.
You have read: