Get a Garden Kneeling Pad – Your Knees Will Thank You!
Provide support to your knees and stay comfortable while gardening with a garden kneeling pad.
When we get a bit older, our knees are often the first to suffer, and kneeling while gardening becomes uncomfortable and oftentimes painful.
Even if we are not in our golden years yet, working in a garden for a long time with bent knees can cause serious discomfort.
Luckily for us, a garden kneeling pad can provide needed support and comfort for our knees and make gardening more enjoyable.
IN THIS POST:
- What is a garden kneeler for?
- Benefits and drawbacks of garden kneeling pads
- What should you look for when buying a gardening kneeling pad?
- 3 best kneeling pads reviews:
- PEP STEP garden kneeling pad– best kneeling pad overall: soft and comfortable.
- Gorilla Grip kneeling pad – best budget heavy duty garden kneeler: provides the perfect balance between firmness and softness.
- Ohuhu upgraded garden kneeler and seat – best dual function garden kneeler and seat in one. A must-have for seniors and people with knee arthritis.
- Garden kneeling pad alternatives
- DIY kneeling pad
If you are curious or in a hurry:
✅The Best Garden Kneeling Pad
- made from two-inch-thick high-density memory foam
- folding and portable
- water resistant and durable
- generous size: 12″ x 13.5″ x 4″ (folded) and 24″ x 13.5″ x 2″ (open)
- lifetime warranty
You can find garden kneeling pads under different names: garden kneeler, kneeling pad, kneel pad, kneeling mat, knee pad cushion, floor kneeler, knees support cushion, and even sitting shock absorbing pad. 😊
No matter what those kneelers are called, they all serve the same function: to reduce painful pressure on your joints and keep your knees comfortable, pain-free, and protected while you are kneeling during gardening or other activities. (Or keep your bottom cozy and sheltered while you are sitting on it 😊).
The benefits of a garden kneeling pad
- A garden kneeling mat provides adequate support, relief, and comfort for knees and joints so gardeners can work while kneeling on uneven and hard surfaces for long periods.
- It protects your clothes from getting dirty.
- A garden kneeler can be used as a sitting pad. which allows gardening while sitting.
- Besides gardening, a garden kneeler and seat can be used for multiple purposes in activities where crouching, bending, and getting down on knees is required, such as:
- home installation and repair
- camping or picnic
- play time
- bathing children and pets
- auto repair
Additionally, a garden kneeling pad makes a perfect gift for any gardener.
Don’t know what to get for a gardener-mom or a gardener-dad for Mother’s or Father’s day, Christmas or birthday ?
Give them a kneeling garden pad – it’s a thoughtful and useful present indeed!
Learn more about the best gardening tools and products
Stone garden benches
The drawbacks of garden kneeling pads
As much as garden kneeling pads are useful for potential buyers, they have some drawbacks you should be aware of.
- Majority of cushioned kneelers probably not suitable for people with extra sensitive and painful knees.
- Some foam mats to kneel on can be too firm or too thick for routine use.
- Some of the most comfortable kneeling pads made of thicker foam can be quite expensive.
- Some garden kneeling pads might become slippery during hot and humid days.
- Some cheap garden kneelers on the market are too thin to provide comfort and support for knees and deteriorate rather quickly.
What to look for when buying a heavy duty garden kneeler
The material used in kneeling pad construction should be resistant to water and to mold growth.
What are garden kneeling pads made of?
The majority of quality garden kneeling pads are made of high density foam or EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate).
And if you want a durable and long lasting kneeler, look specifically for these materials, or at least choose a kneeling mat with a waterproof cover that can resist moisture and dirt.
Consider a kneel pad made of 1.5 inch – 2” thick foam. Thinner than that, and your knees will feel each rock beneath the pad. But, avoid going for a product that is too thick, as it might give you a hard time staying stable on it.
Your garden kneeling pad shouldn’t be smaller than 17 inches x 10 inches, otherwise it will be very uncomfortable. If you have a choice – go for a roomier folding kneeling pad.
Choose a product with a double function. For example Ohuhu brand makes a product that can be used as a garden kneeler, and when flipped – for a comfortable garden seat/bench.
There are more questions to ask yourself when buying a garden kneeler:
- Is it comfortable to use?
- Is it easy to carry around? (always opt for a kneeling pad with handles).
- Does it require too much care? (go for a wipe down vs washable cover or kneeler material, it will save you time).
- What is the warranty policy for the product?
3 best gardening kneelers reviews
Garden kneeling pads are available in a wide range of shapes, styles, colors, and sizes to accommodate different needs, so there are plenty to choose from.
But with so many garden kneelers on the market, which product is the best?
Let’s take a closer look at 3 top gardening kneeling pads to help you make a suitable choice.
- size: 12″ x 13.5″ x 4″ (folded) and 24″ x 13.5″ x 2″ (open)
- weight: 1 pound
- material: 2″ thick high density memory foam
- water resistant
- 2 handles
- warranty: lifetime (“We will replace your kneel pad or offer a full refund if for any reason you aren’t completely satisfied”)
- large size
- beautifully designed high quality kneeling pad
- very comfortable for knees
- heavy duty and long lasting: two-inch-thick high-density foam that does not compress over time
- lightweight and portable: 2 built-in handles make it easy to carry the pad around
- each side has a different fabric-like non slippery water resistant covering
- folding: takes very little storage space
- easy to care for: when the kneeler gets dirty, just rinse it off with the hose and let it dry in the sun.
- water resistant, but not waterproof: cannot be submerged in water
- may not be suitable for overly sensitive knees.
Verdict: Pep Step folding kneeling pad is high quality, comfortable, multi-use kneeling pad most homeowners and gardeners will be satisficed with. It’s truly the best folding kneeling pad for gardening on the market.
- size: 17.5″ x 11″ x 1.5″ (2-Pack)
- weight: 0.75 pound
- material: 1.5″ thick foam
- choice of 11 colors
- built in handle
- 10 year warranty
Gorilla Grip advantages:
- best industrial strength kneeling pad manufactured to give you a perfect balance between firmness and softness so you can stay comfortable while doing heavy-duty work in your garden
- built to last
- good value for the money: you get 2 pads, so you can use one in the garden and the other one indoors for various activities
- lightweight and portable: has integrated handle
- versatile usage
- perfect size
- long lasting warranty
- easy to clean: the kneeling mat is covered with a tough vinyl wrapping: spray with a sanitizer or cleaner and wipe. alternatively, you can hose it down and let it dry in the sun.
- some buyers find it too hard on the knees
- can stain your skin or clothing on a hot and humid day (the complaint was about blue colored kneeling pads)
Verdict: Gorilla grip kneeling pads are well made, durable kneelers that provide a perfect balance of comfort and support for knees.
- dual function: garden kneeler and foldable garden stool / seat /chair in one
- material: seat/ pad is made of high density EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate), steel frame
- overall size: 23.5 x 10.9 x 19.3 inches
- kneeling mat size: 16.3″ x 8″ x 1″
- weight: 7 pounds
- support up to 330 lbs
- 2 large tool pouches for garden tools
- best kneeler and seat on the market – you can flip the pad over to serve as a gardening chair
- the handles are strong enough to support you when standing up
- elevated kneeling pad fully protects you from cold ground
- let you sit while working, especially when you have a raised garden bed
- the pad and seat come pre-assembled. It opens and closes in a quick snap
- strong, well made and lightweight
- thick and comfortable pad
- folds for easy storage
- two pouches for storing garden tools
- somewhat expensive
- tool pouches need design improvement
- durability can be an issue for heavy people
Verdict: Ohuhu garden kneeler and seat is the best heavy duty garden kneeling bench on the market. If you are trying to choose the best product among garden kneelers for senior citizens, look no further.
See how to set up and use this kneeling seat in YouTube video below.
Garden Kneeling Pad Alternatives
Not inclined to carry a bulky garden kneeling pad around?
1. Garden knee pads can protect your knees too. And with easily adjustable hook and loop straps you can put them on and take them off in seconds!
(Lightweight, waterproof and easy fit)
2) Another more robust and more expensive garden kneeling pad alternative is a gardening seat with wheels.
The ergonomically designed seat rotates 360 degrees and the height of the seat is adjustable, so there is no need to crouch down or bend over, relieving pressure on your back and legs.
How do you make garden kneelers?
Ever thought that you can make a garden kneeler all by yourself?
- The quick and easy way to do it will be using a memory foam kitchen mat.
Family Handyman magazine offers detailed step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process.
- Also, making a DIY kneeling pad can be a fun project if you like sewing.
A YouTube video by Aster’s Place shows how it’s done. Check it out!
Pin for later reference!
Final thoughts on best kneeler pads
After researching best gardening kneelers, 3 clear winners emerged.
PEP STEP memory foam kneeling pad will suit the majority of gardeners. It is designed to make your life easy with its soft kneeling foam, light weight and portability. It is very durable, easy to clean, and doesn’t deteriorate with time.
If you are looking for a perfect balance of softness and support combined with a good price – Gorilla Grip brand offers the best kneeler pads for your gardening needs.
And if you are shopping for gardening kneelers for senior citizens – Ohuhu updated garden kneeler/seat will be your best choice.
Wish you happy and comfortable gardening!
You have read: