Bamboo Wind Chimes: the sound of tranquility
Add some Zen to your garden with bamboo wind chimes.
In this article you will get answers to the questions:
- How are bamboo wind chimes different from metal chimes?
- How do wooden wind chimes sound?
- Where can you place them?
- Where can you buy bamboo wind chimes?
- How do you maintain your chimes?
- How do you make your own bamboo chimes?
If you want to add a perfect elegant finishing touch to your garden, consider getting a wind chime made of bamboo.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of the products I have recommended, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Bamboo wind chimes benefits
- bamboo chimes are not overly loud in comparison with metal wind chimes, so they will not disturb you or your neighbors when placed outdoors
- unlike thr sound of metal wind chimes that brings yang energizing bright energy, wooden wind chimes sound is more yin and serene
- the calming, peaceful, soothing sound of bamboo wind chimes helps you relax, unwind, calm down, and fall asleep easier
- wooden chimes look natural in the garden, they blend with nature
- bamboo chimes are made of natural and eco-friendly bamboo wood which is a 100% renewable resource
- they can be used for decoration and for setting mood indoors and outdoors
- they look great in places of meditation and yoga
- perfect for Zen garden
- they make wonderful gifts for gardeners or people interested in spiritual practices.
Bamboo wind chimes sound
Bamboo wind chimes make mild, muted, hollow, clacking sounds when the bamboo reeds hit each other. I would describe their sound as subtle and soothing.
They sound very different from metal wind chimes and they are not very loud: 20-30 decibels in a light breeze.
You can listen to the sound of a bamboo wind chime and see it “in action” in this YouTube video made by ASMR.
Where do you hang bamboo wind chimes?
You can place your chimes outdoors or indoors.
Indoors: place them in a room where you do your meditation or practice yoga. A sun room, as well as an infant bedroom are also perfect spots for your bamboo wind chimes.
Bamboo wind chimes will last longer when positioned in a sheltered location away from strong winds, direct sunlight, and rain.
Bamboo wind chimes Feng Shui
According to classical Feng Shui bagua, wood element is connected to East (family) and South East (prosperity), so hanging bamboo wind chimes in these areas of your house will strenthen the element of wood which should improve family and money luck. But avoid placing chimes in East area in 2020.
Placing bamboo chimes in the South area of the home will strenthen the element of fire (fame), since wood gives birth to fire according to Wu Xing (Chinese theory of 5 elements).
Where to buy bamboo wind chimes?
Among online stores, Amazon and Wayfair provide the biggest choice.
Wayfair offers very unique and highly decorative wind chimes. Check them out!
Best bamboo wind chimes on Amazon
1) Simple, natural look
Classic, simple, natural, yet the most popular style.
Dimensions: large – 42″ (from top of the hook to bottom of wind catcher).
Handmade in Indonesia.
Woodstock Asli Collection bamboo wind chimes hand made in Bali.
Dimensions: 36″ (from top of gather ring to bottom of wind catcher).
2) bamboo wind chimes with wood burned design
The design (usually floral) is burned onto the chime using an open flame and then topped with a coconut shell.
Dimensions: 42″ (from top of the hook to bottom of wind catcher)
Handcrafted in Bali.
3) bamboo wind chimes/birdhouse
Perfect for gardeners and birdwatchers, these wind chimes are combined with bird house.
How to care for bamboo wind chimes
Though almost all bamboo wind chimes are protected with a coat or a few coats of varnish, they will wear off over time.
To enjoy bamboo wind chimes outdoors for years to come, hang them in an area that is protected from direct sunlight. Also, it is a good idea to bring wind chimes into a sheltered place during extreme weather or windstorms.
If your chimes hook accidentally breaks or is worn out, you can get swivel hook clips for hanging wind chimes and spinners here.
DIY bamboo wind chimes
If you grow bamboo in your backyard (huge mistake in my opinion, because the bamboo will not only take over your yard, but also will spread to your neighbors) you can make your own wind chimes.
If you are up to a bamboo wind chimes DIY project, then follow step-by-step instructions in this guide.
Pin for later reference!
Final thoughts on wooden chimes
I hope you were able to pick your favorite bamboo wind chimes to add serenity and at the same time cool vibe to your space.
Enjoy your relaxing and peaceful garden!💐
If you found this article useful – be so kind to share with friends.
You have read: